HMI Open Gate: Tikkun Olam Farm Day
October 7, 2017
Tikkun Olam Research and Teaching Farm
3639 Scenic Avenue
Central Point, OR
Would you like to see state-of-the-art research on techniques and tools for no-till Market Gardens?
Do you want to learn more about improving soil health and other regenerative cropping practices?
Are you interested in making better decisions for your farm or business?
Our Tikkun Olam Farm Day is part of HMI’s Open Gate Learning Series. Open Gates are peer-to-peer action-based learning days with short presentations and small group exercises geared for participants to share discoveries and management techniques with guidance from experienced facilitators and producers.
Holistic Management works with nature, not against it. We will discuss planet and animal-friendly management techniques that lead to richer soil, improved water containment, nutrient-dense food, more successful farms and ranches, and thriving communities.
Come and be a part of this on-the-ground learning day, connect with others who care about a healthy food system and help strengthen your local communities. Because we all have a stake in the way our food is grown.
What to Expect
At the Tikkun Olam Farm Day, you will…
- Learn how Holistic Management enables producers to better manage risk, make better decisions and enjoy the benefits of regenerative agriculture.
- Meet Scott Goode and Anna Eichner and learn how they have developed a holistic goal to improve their decision making and results.
- Learn about FSA loans and other USDA programs and opportunities.
- Enjoy a delicious and nutritious lunch of farm fresh food.
- See first hand demonstrations of state-of-the-art solar powered and hand tools to improve market gardening results.
- Learn about holistic cropping planning and how it benefits your quality of life and financial concerns while regenerating your soil.
- Begin creating your own holistic goal and learn how to make better decisions on your farm.
- Share information with and learn from other experienced producers.
Advanced registration is $25 per person (includes lunch). You can register for the Tikkun Olam Farm Day by clicking on the button to the right. On-line registration closes Oct 2, 2017. Walk in registration is $35 per person, if available. Register soon, as we have limited space available.