On March 1, 2020, On Pasture became a subscription supported publication. That means that, like many other online publications today, readers need to login to be able to read articles. And, like logins everywhere, things don’t always go smoothly. So, based on the input we’ve gotten from you, and the solutions that work best, here’s help for a variety of different issues folks have encountered.
Login and Stay Logged In
• Click on “Login” in the black menu bar at the top of the page at OnPasture.com.
• Enter the email address you used to set up your profile/subscription not your username.
• Enter your password
• Select the “remember me” box. This will allow the system to recognize you for 30 days without having to login during that period.
• Click “Log In”
• You’ll arrive at “My Account” page. This is where you can make changes to your account. Click on “Edit Profile” to change your password, etc.
• To start reading, click on “Home” in the menu bar. Some folks who have been reading On Pasture for years have never actually been to the Home Page. It’s the place where all the articles are located. You can scroll down to choose what you’d like to read.
My Password Doesn’t Work
In the Login box, enter your email address and then click on “Lost Your Password?”
This will take you through a quick process to reset your password, starting with entering your email address (step #2 here) once you get to the password reset page.
If you accidentally type in the wrong email or password multiple times in a row, you will get a message like this one saying you’re blocked. This happens because we maintain tight security at On Pasture to protect you and our content. We get about 30,000 hack attempts each month and, thanks to this tight security, no one has gotten in. A block keeps anyone at your IP address from connecting to us for a few hours, but usually we find it and get to it faster.