HERD MANAGER WANTED:
GREAT JOB AND GENEROUS COMPENSATION PACKAGE
A project of the Foundation for Agricultural Integrity, Churchtown Dairy is a biodynamic certified 25-cow dairy that sells bottled raw milk and a variety of cheese products. The farm currently manages a total livestock population of 75 bovine, 20 pork, and a few chickens, goats and mules.
We are looking for an experienced individual to manage all aspects of our organic, grass-fed system and share their knowledge with apprentices and milkers. Compensation includes health, dental and a generous salary in the range of $55,000-65,000.
We wish to have a herd manager join our team to:
· Focus on quality milk production, herd health, and milk house oversight
· Train and supervise 3-4 milkers
· Direct long-term development of the herd and the pastures.
· Advance our regenerative and biodynamic practices, particularly grazing.
· The herd manager will be expected to milk several shifts per week.
Relocation expenses and housing available for the right person.