- This event has passed.
24th Annual Vermont Grazing & Livestock Conference
January 17, 2020 @ 8:00 am - January 18, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
Join more than 350 farmers and agricultural resource providers from six Northeast states at this perennial winter conference for a cross-section of the region’s livestock production.
Preview the conference schedule at https://24thannualvermontgrazingliv2020.sched.com/
The event takes place at the family-friendly Lake Morey Resort in Fairlee, VT just off Interstate-91. The conference rate on overnight rooms is $105/night plus tax. (There is no code to use for online registration to get the conference rate. Just call Lake Morey at 1-802-333-4311 and let them know you’re attending.) Friday will feature day-long sessions on livestock genetics and custom grazing. Saturday includes 12+ workshops plus a keynote presentation, lunch discussions, tradeshow and much more, as well as a kids’ conference for ages 6-12.
The weekend highlights local, grass-fed and organic foods and plenty of new ideas to take home and ruminate on as you plan for the 2020 season.
What have some of these attendees liked best about past conferences?
- The…workshop was very informative and took a lot of information home with me. Met a lot of people and the networking was key.
- Workshop range and quality
- Innovative ideas, spirit of presenters
- Loved that our children had their own “conference”
- Being with other farmers, hearing their experiences
- good speakers, very knowledgeable, the topic has been in demand lately
- Great, varied, fresh speakers
- Seemed like there was something for everyone at every session
- Lunch was excellent and the ice cream was delicious!
The conference is hosted by the Vermont Grass Farmers Association (VGFA) and coordinated by the UVM Extension Center for Sustainable Agriculture. Registration discounts are available for VGFA members.
More details about the conference as well as registration are available at www.vtgrassfarmers.org/conference. Contact conference coordinator Jenn Colby at firstname.lastname@example.org, (802) 656-5459 with any questions.