- This event has passed.
Introduction to Holistic Management® Whole Farm/Ranch Planning Online Course
October 7, 2019$350.00
In this course you will learn how to effectively manage your farm or ranch through the principles and practices of Holistic Management —a nationally recognized whole farm/ranch planning process. You will have the opportunity to learn not only how to manage your farm/ranch for the triple bottom line (social, environmental, and financial sustainability) and more effectively manage resources, but also be able to ask questions of how to help others with that process. Learn how to improve your ability to observe, understand, and make decisions, based on what you can control and ask the right questions to facilitate that process for others. Through these new skills you can improve your ability to work with nature and to increase your productivity and share those ideas with others.
Dates: Oct 7, 14, 21, 28 and Nov 4 & 11 2019
Time: Live at 6:00-7:00 pm MST (also recorded for later viewing)
Scholarship Deadline: Sept 28, 2019
Registration Deadline: Oct 7, 2019
Instructor: Holistic Management Certified Educator, Elizabeth Marks
Ongoing Learning and Support
All course curriculum is downloadable so you can save it for future use. And when you take a Holistic Management course, your learning and support doesn’t end when the class is over. At the end of your training, you will be notified by email of an opportunity to continue to learn and get support and feedback on plans for two months after your training. In addition to all the resources available to you during the class, you will have access to:
- 2 additional months of support and learning
- Monthly live webinars to assist you and other trainees (recorded for you to watch if you can’t make the webinar)
- The opportunity to get additional feedback on your plans
- More opportunity to engage with and learn from the international network of Holistic Management practitioners.
Fee, Financial Assistance and Payment Plan
- $350 per person
- Eligible for the Scholarships
- If you are a qualified beginning farmer/rancher and a Nebraska resident, you may receive a one-time Nebraska state income tax credit (up to $500) for completing Getting Started Introduction to Holistic Management Whole Farm/Ranch Planning AND Getting Started Holistic Financial Planning. See the Next Gen website for details and an application.
Classes require a minimum of 10 and are restricted to a maximum of 35 participants.
Can’t afford to pay in full? No problem! HMI offers convenient payment plans to help you get the training you want to create a more profitable and sustainable business.
The Payment Plan is optional. You can pay the total amount of $350 when registering or 2 installments totaling $375. The payment plan schedule is as follows:
- $200 due upon registration
- $175 due Oct 31, 2019
Money Back Guarantee
HMI stands behind our training programs. If you participate fully in this training program by attending all sessions and completing all assignments satisfactorily, and if you are not completely satisfied within 10 days of program completion, we will refund your registration fees.
This course is seven weeks long and you should plan on about 2 – 4 hours each week to participate in the webinars and complete the assignments. While the webinars are scheduled at a particular time, you will be able to complete the assignments at any time during the week. Don’t worry if you miss a webinar, we’ll be recording them and you can view it before the next scheduled webinar. Assignments may include watching videos, reading and written exercises.
With real-time audio, video and whiteboard capabilities our learning environment allows you to stay connected for a more engaging learning experience. You are encouraged to contribute to class discussions (either on the webinar or online forum). You can build relationships with other students from across the country and maybe even the world.
You’ll also receive a FREE one-year introductory electronic subscription to IN PRACTICE and a certificate upon completion of the course.
Technology /Language Requirements
- Computer (PC or Mac are fine)
- Reliable high-speed internet access
- Internet browser (Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari)
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Telephone (cell or land line) OR Microphone
- E-mail address
- All classes are taught in English (unless otherwise specified)