- This event has passed.
Management Intensive Grazing Class
June 15, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$2 – $130
Interested in improving your grazing skills or new to Management Intensive Grazing? This class will employ the teachings of Holistic Management along with the techniques of Management Intensive Grazing (MIG) to assist you in improving pasture productivity and raising healthy livestock.
Class content will include:
• Introduction to Management Intensive Grazing: the how & why
• Goal Setting – determining the ideal pasture system for you and your livestock
• Planning for the whole growing season using maps and a grazing chart
• Calculating livestock feed needs
• Multi Species Grazing
• Plant identification
• Extending the Grazing Season
• Electric fencing and fencing options with Gordon Barnaby
Participants will come away with all the information that they will need to get started with a grazing plan, or to continue on their journey with confidence.
Thanks to Corner Rail Fence Company and for Agri-Dynamics for sponsoring this class
About the Instructor: Lisa McCrory is a Grazing and Whole Farm Planning consultant with over 25 years of grazing experience and training in Holistic Management (c). Lisa and owns and operates Earthwise Farm & Forest with her husband, Carl Russell, in Bethel, VT. Their farm is draft-animal powered & certified organic, incorporating biodynamic and ecological practices & principles, and producing and marketing grass fed milk (tier 1 raw dairy farm), pastured poultry (eggs, meat birds, heritage turkeys), pastured pigs, beef, forest products, and an acre of organic vegetables, herbs and flowers.