Pasture for Profit Virtual Webinars
January 13 @ 7:00 pm - March 3 @ 7:00 pm$50.00
The webinar schedule, topics, and speakers are as follows:
Webinar One- Core Grazing Education: Wed., January 13th | 7 p.m.
- Evaluating Resources and Goal Setting- Chris Penrose & Dan Lima
- Getting Started Grazing- Clif Little, Michelle Stumbo, & Catelyn Turner
- Soil Fertility – Bob Hendershot
Webinar Two- The Science of Grazing: Wed., February 3rd | 7 p.m.
- Understanding Plant Growth- Jeff McCutcheon & Christine Gelley
- Fencing and Water Systems- Ted Wiseman & Clint Finney
- Meeting Animal Requirements on Pasture- Steve Boyles, Erika Lyon, & Allen Gahler
Webinar Three- Meeting Grazing Goals: Wed., March 3rd | 7 p.m.
- Pasture Weed Control- James Morris, Will Hamman, & Mark Sulc
- Economics of Grazing- Andrew Holden & Garth Ruff
- Creating and Implementing Grazing Plans- Richard Purdin, Martin Joyce, & Bob Hendershot
The Pastures for Profit program is a collaboration between Ohio State University Extension, Central State University, USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service, Ohio Federation of Soil and Water Conservation Districts, Ohio Department of Agriculture, and the Ohio Forage and Grasslands Council. Cost of the course is $50, which includes the Pastures for Profit manual. Current and new members of the Ohio Forage and Grasslands Council are eligible for a $10 discount on registration.
Enroll in the course by visiting https://afgc.org/ofgcwebinar.
For best performance, Scarlet Canvas should be used on the current or first previous major release of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari. Canvas runs on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, or any other device with a modern web browser.