- This event has passed.
Quivira-Rocky Mountain Farmers Union Land Access Listening Session (Morning)
February 6 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 am
The Quivira Coalition and Rocky Mountain Farmers Union are partnering to gather information on land access challenges and issues that individuals in New Mexico, Colorado and Wyoming are facing. We will be hosting three listening sessions on Wednesday, February 6th to gather input from participants familiar with and experiencing land tenure and access challenges. We are seeking input from individuals who, either for the first time or as part of an expansion to land already owned/managed, are 1.) contemplating buying or leasing ag land, 2.) currently searching for ag land, or 3.) engaged in buying or leasing ag land.
The listening sessions will focus on the following topics:
- Participants current situation and goals related to land access
- The stages participants are in their search for land
- Challenges and issues participants are facing in seeking and acquiring land
- The need, if any, for technical assistance with finding and acquiring land
- Participants experience with seeking and/or receiving assistance from a service provider (Guidestone Colorado, New Mexico Land Link, Rocky Mountain Farmers Union, the Quivira Coalition, American Farmland Trust, etc.)
- Recommendations for service providers (i.e. types and quality of technical assistance offered, types and availability of resources, coordination of efforts among service providers, etc.)
Understanding land access challenges will enable us to more effectively connect program apprentices to the technical assistance organizations best suited to help with land access. Further, it is our intention to share the gathered information with Rocky Mountain Farmers Union, Guidestone Colorado, New Mexico Land Link, and other service providers to improve the types, quality, and accessibility of technical assistance and resources available for individuals seeking land. Any personal or identifiable information gathered during the listening sessions will not be shared.
The listening sessions will take place on Wednesday, February 6th via Zoom (a phone and video conference tool) at the following times:
Registration for the listening sessions is required. Please register by 5 pm on Tuesday, February 5th. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Contact Arielle Quintana at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.