- This event has passed.
Range Beef Cow Symposium XXVI: Moving Science into Practice
October 18, 2019 @ 8:00 am - October 20, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
Topics covered include:
- Cash lease vs. shares when you don’t own the cows.
- Can you use manure to determine dietary nutrient deficiencies?
- Hot-topic: cell-cultured meats.
- Running a successful ranch and keeping it in the family since 1906 (Donnell and Kelli Brown of the R.A. Brown Ranch in Texas).
- Artificial insemination, when does it pay?
- Fake meat, how is it made, how healthy is it?
- Ways to dare to be different when making a living on the ranch.
- Working cows using dogs.
- Correcting malpresentations for the best outcome for the cow and the calf.
- Choosing and managing the recipient cow.
- Selected demonstrations