Wildlife, Cattle and Beer
October 21, 2017
The 77 Ranch
Blooming Grove, TX
Our 77 Ranch Day is part of HMI’s Open Gate Learning Series. Open Gates are peer-to-peer action-based learning days with short presentations and small group exercises geared for participants to share discoveries and management techniques with guidance from experienced facilitators and producers.
Holistic Management works with nature, not against it. We will discuss planet and animal-friendly management techniques that lead to richer soil, improved water containment, nutrient-dense food, more successful farms and ranches, and thriving communities.
Come and be a part of this on-the-ground learning day, connect with others who care about a healthy food system and help strengthen your local communities. Because we all have a stake in the way our food is grown.
What to Expect
At the 77 Ranch Day, you will…
- Learn how Holistic Management enables producers to better manage risk, make better decisions and enjoy the benefits of regenerative agriculture
- See what Gary and Sue Price are doing to grow water as a crop while improving forage for their cattle and habitat for deer, turkey, quail, ducks, fish and other wildlife
- Learn why beer is part of the equation – Miller Coors pitches in because they need water for beer and good watershed management produces lots of clean water
- Discuss practical grazing strategies to improve water use and land production
- Hear the latest soil science and practice assessing the soil food web through Holistic Management biological monitoring
- Explore how to improve wildlife habitat with good ranch practices and how interaction with wildlife reduces stress