About a month ago, I shared a review of Start Your Farm: The Authoritative Guide for Becoming a Sustainable 21st Century Farmer, by one of our On Pasture authors, Forrest Pritchard, and co-author Ellen Polishuk. Now, I’m tickled that the book’s publisher has selected On Pasture to share an excerpt from the book.
Click here to download an excerpt from the first chapter,
“Why Be a Farmer.”
What I like about this book is that it feeds both the heart and the mind. It honors the work that 2% of the population does to feed the other 98% and realistically presents the challenges a farmer faces, while also providing down-to-earth information on how to improve our chances for success. It’s realistically hopeful.
I hope you’ll enjoy the excerpt. And if you’d like to purchase the book, here’s a link for that as well. Hey – back in 2013, On Pasture was part of getting Forrest’s first book, “Gaining Ground” on the New York Times Best Seller list, putting sustainable farming in the national spotlight where it belongs. Now, five years later, maybe we can do it again!