Tired of all the flashing signs and ads that tell us what to eat or what not to eat so we can lose weight FAST, or some advertisement telling us how we can get fit in just 9 minutes a day? Yeah, we are too.
Well, here’s another one. 🙂
No, we’re not concerned about your beauty or your waistline. It’s your safety! As the folks at Australia’s National Centre for Farmer Health note, “Looking after your health is an important part of your business risk management to ensure you can continue to look after your farm!”
And knowing how hard it is to take time for yourself, they even put together some suggestions for fitting your exercise routine into your daily life. Here you go:
- Walk down to check the stock and leave the quad bike in the shed.
- Do some stretches before you start work and throughout the day, wherever you happen to be, the shed, the house, or out in the paddock.
- Do some gardening – why not dig over the veggie plot?
- Do structured recreational activity like playing golf, water skiing, strength work outs, bushwalking
- 10,000 steps is the recommended daily step goal for a healthy adult
They even put together a video showing farmers taking a break and doing exercise using gates, posts, pieces of wood and other things around the farm. We especially liked hearing all the sheep baaing in the background. It made us smile, imagining you all doing some of these exercises too. 🙂
Now, we’d write more about this, but we need to take a walk. So we’ll see you out there. Be safe!
And thanks for reading!
Kathy and Rachel